Investment Board Candidate - Larry Schnellmann

Candidates for election to the AICoin Investment Board
Duncan

Re: Investment Board Candidate - Larry Schnellmann

Post by Duncan » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:19 pm

Hi Larry,

First, thanks so much for putting in the time and effort for the good of the collective. A general question, I'm asking all candidates: what factors will you look for, or do you think are the most important when evaluating the potential of a start-up.

BtcLion

Post by BtcLion » Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:23 am

Hi Duncan,
I think the talent behind the start up is probably the most important. I ask if 1) they personally have a passion for the product. 2) Have a good understanding of what the goals are. 3) A complete understanding of the industry and finally, how they plan on acquiring and retaining talent.

After that I look at how the start up will provide a profitable avenue for the collective. Do we have a clear exit strategy? What secures our investment? The start up should be able to provide a clear plan on what it is they are trying to accomplish and a dedicated team to make sure it happens.
Lawrence Schnellmann - A.K.A. BTCLion

rb202

Post by rb202 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:11 am

Hi Larry aka BTCLion,
Thank you so much for all the attention you have given to our community. I love Dogtown. Do you have any experience working for younger people? If so can you describe a little bit of your experience?

BtcLion

Post by BtcLion » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:57 pm

Hi rb202,
I was at First Southwest Company and was one of the 'older guys'.. Some of the younger folks there had higher seniority. I can't say age was ever a factor in any of our decisions or how we worked together.
Some of the sharpest people I have ever met have been much younger than I, and some of the wisest and sharpests people I have ever met have been older.

I don't think I really have ever given age of a coworker a second thought.

crypto7866

Post by crypto7866 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:03 am

What type of contracts are you focused on as in a long term investment period for example AI related or more Financial based banking contracts ect.

BtcLion

Post by BtcLion » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:05 am

I'm no longer a candidate for the investment board, however if I were, I would be focused on equity in promising start ups.