Investment Board Candidate - Martin Čmelík

Candidates for election to the AICoin Investment Board
PrincessBitcoin

Investment Board Candidate - Martin Čmelík

Post by PrincessBitcoin » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:08 pm

My name is Martin Čmelík and I work as a Security Architect and Technology Advisor for a multinational pharmaceutical company based in Switzerland. In my role I work on roadmaps, key projects, setting requirements, use-cases and evaluating technologies based on multiple criteria. Part of my role concerns deliverables such as presentations (pitch decks) required for alignments, decisions, endorsements or results of matrix scoring for Architecture Board and Steering committees.
Blockchain and especially AI (Deep Learning) is not only fascinating, but my hobby. AI have impact in almost all industries so it’s important for me to understand how these algorithms can be used and which efforts will never reach the desired goals of the founders. This is because the founders of a startup may have started down the wrong path without knowing it. Based on my extensive past experience with evaluating many different technologies, my main benefit to the collective probably is that I can quickly recognize those interesting technologies with potential.

stewart_mcgregor_76

Re: Investment Board Candidate - Martin Čmelík

Post by stewart_mcgregor_76 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:49 pm

Hi Martin, thanks for taking the time to write up your profile. Can you let me know what your Slack channel handle is please? Thanks, Stu

martincmelik

Post by martincmelik » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:36 am

stewart_mcgregor_76 wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:49 pm
Hi Martin, thanks for taking the time to write up your profile. Can you let me know what your Slack channel handle is please? Thanks, Stu
Hi Stu,

sure, its "Martin Cmelik".

Thank you

martincmelik

Post by martincmelik » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:55 am

Hi,

If you read my CV you already know quite lot about me. If you like to know even more, don't be shy and ask :)

Martin

jonothan

Post by jonothan » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:30 pm

A devils advocate question to all Board applicants. QU. Can you give me an example of a failure (business, investment or personal), what was the failure and how will or how does this experience make you the right candidate to vote for? Cheers Jonothan

martincmelik

Post by martincmelik » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:44 pm

jonothan wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:30 pm
A devils advocate question to all Board applicants. QU. Can you give me an example of a failure (business, investment or personal), what was the failure and how will or how does this experience make you the right candidate to vote for? Cheers Jonothan
With two of my friends we managed a music club together. We were working hard to prepare the place (big reconstruction), prepared marketing materials, website/social, started planing events (djs, bands, parties, movies) and thousands of other small things. To save money we had even other various roles, e.g. cleaners, repairmans, barmans, DJs and backoffice team :) End of the story is that we sold it without return of investment.

// Main points
Any kind of project cant have three bosses
Managing music club just during our spare time was a bad idea
We had almost no private time
Every week we found something broken/destroyed or stolen
More and more we wanted to stay away from this business and people

Good, but especially the bad experience from this business I see as a great benefit and self-improvement

Duncan

Post by Duncan » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:21 pm

Hi Martin,
First, thanks so much for putting in the time and effort for the good of the collective. A general question, I'm asking all candidates: what factors will you look for, or do you think are the most important when evaluating the potential of a start-up

martincmelik

Post by martincmelik » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:02 pm

Hi Duncan,

short version is that I will evaluate value of start-up.

There are many factors which directly or indirectly affect value of start-up (from my point of view).

To name a few:
  • What problem/gap they are trying to solve?
  • What is unique to them?
  • How strong is technology, studies and developers behind it?
  • Which companies stands behind them?
  • How looked funding rounds (if any), how big % was sold?
  • Development progress (e.g. github activity, code quality) so far?
  • How big and active is their community?
  • How looks roadmap, are they delivering on time?
  • Current market price?
  • Who are main competitors?
Those are general factors. For specific industry/market will be factors tailored.

Thank you

martincmelik

Post by martincmelik » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:01 am

In addition to that, this is quite ok infographic. You should not be surprised by first five.

rb202

Post by rb202 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:32 pm

Hi Martin, do you personally think cannabis should be legal? Do you see any benefits of cannabis? Also, I saw on one of the blogs that you might have mentioned something about SingularityNET (maybe you were talking about something else) but I couldn’t link so I’m curious what are your general thoughts on SingularityNET?