Investment Board Candidate - Larry Schnellmann

Candidates for election to the AICoin Investment Board
PrincessBitcoin

Investment Board Candidate - Larry Schnellmann

Post by PrincessBitcoin » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:12 pm

After graduation from Cornell College in Mt. Vernon I began a career on the OTC equity desk at Edward Jones Company in 1985. I was, and still am, fascinated by the financial markets and made a 23-year career trading profitably for several investment banking firms. I was fortunate enough to purchase a small farm where I studied ecology, aquaculture, animal husbandry among other things. I developed a passion for microelectronics and worked with several Raspberry Pi’s to automate various systems. I became interested in cryptocurrency in 2013 and was a participant in one of First Global Credit’s first trading competitions where I placed in the top 5. Since then I have maintained a keen interest in the cryptocurrency markets and have been a strong advocate of the First Global Credit BTC exchange.
I am an avid enthusiast of AICOIN. I believe the founders of the token have a bold and achievable vision. I remain convinced the collective will be handsomely rewarded over the longer term, especially with Tier 2 of the strategy. I have the time, expertise and dedication to properly represent the collective on the Investment Board. I regularly attend crypto meetups where I learn and exchange ideas regarding blockchain technology. I am constantly on the lookout for new and upcoming companies which will contribute to the blockchain ecosystem. I am currently in the process of building a full Segwit/Lightning enabled BTC node.

BtcLion

Re: Investment Board Candidate - Larry Schnellmann

Post by BtcLion » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:31 pm

AKA BTCLion
Lawrence Schnellmann - A.K.A. BTCLion

zurgle

Post by zurgle » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:41 pm

Larry - Thanks for putting yourself forward for the board. Couple questions:

1. From your background and experience with equity trading, how is that experience relevant to Aicoin? In what ways is crypto different from that world?
2. What do you think is the most important thing the board should focus on in 2018?

BtcLion

Post by BtcLion » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:34 am

Hi Zurgle,
Sorry for the delayed response, it's been a hectic few days. (as I'm sure you know).

1) Equity trading encompasses several different disciplines, one of which is fundamental analysis. My experience in equity trading involved careful examination of companies in which we made markets. This included talking to the officers of the company, researching and verifying the financial reports and gaining a good understanding of their product. This relates to AICOIN in much the same way. For a start up to be considered, I believe the board should be ready to fully understand the startup's goals, competition, innovation and ultimately the quality of the product they are bringing to market. Speaking directly with the principals and developing a relationship is vital as well. This can and should go as far as actual meetings with the team at their physical locations and having an innate understanding of what the company plans to accomplish. During my career as an equity trader, I spoke with countless CEOs and CFOs as a matter of course. In my opinion I think it is important to develop the same sort of relationships with companies that we present to the AICOIN collective.

2) In 2018 we will be launching tier two of the strategy outlined in the AICOIN whitepaper. While execution of the of the strategy is always and will continue to be very important, the most important steps are the first ones. I believe starting from a position of strength and very careful due diligence is paramount to the success of the Investment Pool. I think we focus on consistent updates from startups we invest in as well as a planned exit strategy in order maximize profit.

jonothan

Post by jonothan » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:29 pm

A devils advocate question to all Board applicants. QU. Can you give me an example of a failure (business, investment or personal), what was the failure and how will or how does this experience make you the right candidate to vote for? Cheers Jonothan

BtcLion

Post by BtcLion » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:40 am

It's been said, "if you do not fail, you're not trying hard enough". Going by that I have been trying very hard!.. Many years ago my boss called me from a research trip he was on and told me to buy a particular stock he found out about with an exciting product. I looked at the stock and at first glance it didn't seem to be going anywhere. I purchased a small amount and watched it a few days, nothing much. The day before he was to arrive back into the office the stock gained something like 40%, still I did nothing. He arrived the next day, asked me how much I had purchased and when I told him, he told me with a look of disappointment, "Larry, be open to viewpoints other than your own". I'll leave it to your imagination his demeanor for the next few days. The lesson here is that even if I disagree with an alternative point of view, I keep an open mind and certainly will give it due consideration. This makes me a good choice for the investment Board.

jcrypto

Post by jcrypto » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:08 pm

Marketing Strategies For AIcoin....?

It seems to me that:
1) (Im no expert but..) there is a correlation (to some degree) between volume and market cap in reference to price, of a coin.
2) Word of mouth ( along with Banner Ads) is absolutely necessary but not absolute
3) listing on exchanges is inevitable in exposing AIcoin to new eyes with hopes of holders of the coin increasing

of course the with technology behind AI, its reserves will grow, but
what are views, and what ideas are you considering to suggest in tackling this (Ying/Yang) balance between "internal" and "external" growth?

stewart_mcgregor_76

Post by stewart_mcgregor_76 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:23 am

Larry, what’s your take on the ICO pool question in the latest ballot? Steve has outlined his thoughts (on the Slack channel), I would be interested to hear yours. Cheers, Stu

BtcLion

Post by BtcLion » Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:59 pm

My view is a conservative approach to ICOs. I tend to think the best course of action is to stick to the original vision of the white paper, where we execute tier 2 of the strategy by investing in start up companies focusing on those who are contributing to the crypto ecosystem with AI and/or Blockchain technology.

I also think ICOs can present some very good opportunity for shorter term gains to Net Asset Value. Many have done very well, and many not so well. It's a bit of a minefield in the ICO area, but with careful study and caution I think we have the expertise to avoid most of the pitfalls inherent in ICO participation.

My conclusion is much like my conclusion on the dividend issue. At this point in the maturity of XAI we are a bit early to change the major methodologies outlined in the white paper. While I see the potential for profit, I place more weight on initial growth of the token using the original strategy outlined in the white paper without taking a substantial draw down. Thus far it has performed better than expected.

Of course this is only my personal view. This is a collective effort and I intend to champion the wishes of the collective as a whole.

stewart_mcgregor_76

Post by stewart_mcgregor_76 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:54 pm

Thanks for your reply Larry. Stu